Family Vacations New England StyleApril 21, 2012
One of the major advantages of owning homes in Boston is the close proximity to many fabulous vacation destinations. Without having to book a flight, you don’t have to venture too far outside your Boston neighborhood to escape for April vacation week.
There are five fabulous destinations that come to mind when you have homes in Boston:
- The Rhode Island Coast- only a 45-minute drive from most Boston neighborhoods. Enjoy the tranquility and relaxed atmosphere of Block Island with its fabulous white sandy beaches. History buffs can visit the historic mansions of Newport and enjoy the great restaurants, bustling shopping district, and the Tennis Hall of Fame. A truly great visit for a romantic get-away or a family weekend.
- Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket- two popular islands that are the favorite destination spots with many prestigious families, including the Obamas. Aside from multiple gorgeous beaches throughout the Martha’s Vineyard, there are also many events that take place on the island, including: Martha’s Vineyard’s Film Festival, watching the sunset at Menemsha Harbor, the Striped Bass/Blue Fish Derby in Edgartown (an old whaling town that has emerged as summer sailing and beach town, where Jaws was filmed). Edgartown’s Yacht Club also has the Farm Neck Golf Club in Oak Bluff.
Nantucket is another historic and popular island, once an old rich whaling, now a summer colony with fabulous beaches, surfs, cobblestone streets and world class museums. These two islands are hopping with excitement and offer numerous aquatic activities from fishing to sailing.
- North Shore - lined with quaint Massachusetts towns and beautiful coastlines, including Salem, Marblehead, and Gloucester. Everyone deserves to spend some time in the gorgeous fishing town of Newburyport, with street-lined arts/crafts boutiques and upscale restaurants on the waterfront.
- Maine– a bit further north, but worth the drive for great beaches, famous restaurants, hiking, biking and camping trails, phenomenal sceneries, ski resorts and more. The fabulous coastal towns like Kennebunkport and Ogunquit are definitely worth checking out.
- The Mountain States – not too far from many Boston neighborhoods is an outdoor adventurer’s dream. Vermont, the Green Mountain State, and New Hampshire, the Mountain State provide the ideal setting for camping, hiking, and re-connecting to nature.
Having homes in Boston ensures you are never too far from your next vacation destination. Enjoy the ride!